January 15, 2004
The end of a wait
I caught LoTR:ROTK just now. 8pm show at cineleisure. I cried. I stopped. Then, I cried again. I decided to splurge a little on cab fare and waited for the credits to finish rolling, instead of catching the last bus back home.
It's been such a long wait. Do you know it's very cruel to do this kinda trilogy thing that runs for 3 years? For 3 years, I have at least ONE movie, THE movie to look forward to every year. And suddenly, one hour ago, it all ended.
I saw Sauron's tower collapse, and I felt it brought with it all my pinnings for the past 3 years. I realised, rather sadly, that the end is near, as the beginning of the 4th Generation of Middle Earthians continues in the movie. It felt like doom, though it was supposed to inspire new hope. haha...
Look, you guys can either bear with all my gushing over the movie or you can skip this post.
It's such a handsome movie. Aragorn was superbly handsome, speechlessly charming. Legolas looked very good too, especially in his prince outfit at the end (and I dunno why he always had to slide down from somewhere, but he looked really suave doing the act, so no complaints!). I think Pippin's so cute too! And Merry looks so cheeky, like a little boy full of tricks. And yes, of course, Frodo was a charmer with his nice nice eyes. I adore Sam for his loyalty and courage. Gandalf, Gimli, Eomir, Faramir (faramir's quite handsome too), King Theoden, Elrond, Gollum (even Gollum), they were all superb.
Arwen and Galadriel... oh, the soooo pretty elves! I actually like Galadriel more than Arwen. Cos she's got such elvish queen look! She's really the queen, man!!!
But, my fav female for ROTK is, without doubt, Eowyn! Why? 'Cos "I am no man". If you watched already, you'd know what I mean. Her courage was totally, utterly, divinely admirable!
I feel sooo fulfilled and sooo lost at the same time. It's really cruel. Never mind! ho ho, it's time to hit the Tolkien Books! More, more details!
oh yes, btw, I will be most likely to watch a second time, mebbe even a third. So, you out there, if you need a partner in this divine piece of entertainment, ring me. just that you gotta put up with my 'Aragorn.. my god, he's so handsome...' or 'omigod... so damn pretty..' or 'so cool..' or 'oh shit...damnit..' and etc... heh...=P
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 00:30